Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Ding dong kovil mani !


Vidyasagar - One of the striking characteristics of his career has been that he sticks to quality of music in his own way, the kind of music he believes in, irrespective of the people involved in a particular project and their popularity. Madhu Balakrishnan had sung a few numbers in Tamil and I have always wondered why he does not have many offers in Tamil Industry. His voice has a natural, flawless melodious tone to it that absolutely works for composers with great flair for melody like Illaiyaraja and Vidyasagar.
This song “Ding dong “ from the movie Jee is very soft and soulful number whose cadence are brilliantly accentuated by the singers. The instrumentation is also very apt. This song is the only relieving feature of a complete failure movie

I rendered this song with my friend Ganesh Ram, who has a distinct voice. I have great privilege and pleasure to introduce him to this blog world. I would like to thank him for this wonderful rendition and the time he spent for sound mixing. Hope you all enjoy this song. Let me know your feedback.
Song : Ding dong koyil

Movie : Ji
Music : Vidyasagar
Originally rendered by : Madhu Balakrishnan, Madhusree
Performed by : Ganesh Ram,

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

hai mam, this is prince clement frm chennai. now i am watching and listening songs frm u r cute website... good going all the best...

wishes

Anonymous said...

Wow ! Wow ! Wow !

Amazing combination of voices ! Good going !

Murali Venkatraman said...

Nice rendition by both of you

Unknown said...

nice singing by both of you! btw, can you send me a karaoke version of this song? I need it for our office function.

Anonymous said...

Very nice singing Sowmyji,keep it up . songs you selected are very very nice,

Plz try some Malyalam songs also

Anonymous said...

WOW, what a combination,
superb redintion, superb singing.
U both have done a fantastic job.
i wish, both of u should sing more songs. all the best

✨முருகு தமிழ் அறிவன்✨ said...

Hello,
I am coming here for the first time-I guess.
Excellent rendering on voice,pictures & posts.

Unknown said...

Excellent Sowmya ...keep it going..

Wish all your dreams come true in 2008.

Harshan said...

Beautiful singing Sowmya and very well mixed.

May the year 2008 make all your aspirations to come true !!.

Awatts said...

Nice rendition both of you..thoroughly enjoyed it. Good mixing, good strength in both the voices...

Sowmya said...

hi Prince,Brinda

Thanks for the feedback :)

Sowmya said...

hi Murali, Ramesh

Thanks for your comments ! Do visit often :) Happy new year !

Sowmya said...

hey venu,

Thanks for the visit and for the valuable comment ! :)

Sowmya said...

Hoi Rams !

Vanga vanga ! ethu intha pakkam ! Atthi pootha maathiri :P

Eppavathu ketta nalla than irukum :P

Thanks for the feedback :)

Sowmya said...

Hi Arivan, Usha

Thanks for the encouraging words :)

Sowmya said...

hi harshan,

Thanks for the continuous feedback !:)

Sowmya said...

Hey Awatts !

Long time !! How are u doing?

Any updates in your blog.

Thanks for the visit ! :)

Anonymous said...

HI SOWMYA!!!
THIS IS PREETHI!!UNFORTUNATELY I HAVNT HEARD UR RENDITION AND IAM REALLY EAGER TO LISTEN TO THEM....
AS I AM ALSO AN ASPIRIN SINGER I WUD KINDLY REQUEST U TOTEACH ME HOW TO USE THIS BLOG IN ORDER TO PUT IN TRACKS LIKE U AND REACH IT OUT TO OTHERS..

Sowmya said...

hi preethi,

Thanks for your message. I have updated the songs :) Hope you can write me further about my songs

Kalpana said...

Hi Sowmya,

This song has come out very well.
I would like to know how you get minus one (karaoke) tracks? Do you get them online, or use some sort of software?
I too have a music blog, but I have been recording without background music. Do check out my blog when you have the time, and I would be happy to get feedback! Thanks in advance for your help. :)

vishnu said...

hi Soumya,

You are really very swweeet...
I like the song engo kovil mani very much...U had d lyrics nd dts additional bonus....maybe the good Lord always help you in your love of music...

Sowmya said...

Kalpana, Vishnu thanks much :)