Thursday, May 31, 2007

Ondra renda asaigal ..!

Behind the calm and serene face lies the spirit to venture into the unearthed mystery of music. Harris Jayaraj !

A wonderful music director who can able to render a fusion of carnatic and western peppy beat with right orchestration. . With good percussions and a touch of 'Arabian' music stuff, he has managed to create a feel-good sound, which is sure to click. He has taken delivery of a new Euphonix MC Media Application Controller for his recording.

Recent years, I admired almost all the songs of Harris. I became a great fan of him after I heard the song “ Mercury mele “ .What a song.! What a lilt. Harris Jayaraj weaves wonders when he join hands with new directors. I never heard music directors used “sax” in a awesome way other than Harris..


Harris Jayaraj topples Rahman few years back. He broke ARR’s monopoly at the Filmfare Awards by bagging it for the film “minnale” I will be going on writing about his fantastic compositions and numerous songs with great tunes. I would like to mention song “ manjal veiyil” from vettaiaadu vilayaadu and “june ponal”, “unnale unnale” from the movie unnale unnale.Here, I tried my best to perform this song with some extra western touch. Let me know, how you feel about it.

Song : Ondra renda..
Movie : Kaakha...Kaakha
Originally sung by : Bombay Jayashree
Music Director: Harris Jayaraj
Lyricist : Thamarai (view lyrics )





Download the song

17 comments:

Unknown said...

Hiya...

Sometimes... Originals ketutu.. mathavanga paadina..adhule fault kanu piddikadhan thonum.... Avalo impress pannadhu...I didn't really feel that way with ur singing so far...Nalla iruku...

:)

Anonymous said...

You just rock girl;)

Harshan said...

Wow !! great modulations and excellent singing .... enjoyed it a lot ...

TC Ratnapuri said...

Excellent job Sowmya. Enjoyed it very well.

Anonymous said...

Idha idha idha thaan edhirpaarthen ivvalo naala.. As I told you the first song in a bass voice..Suits you the best ...great...Niraya songs ethirpprkaren indha style la .. you could try vegam vegam pogum pogum majic journey from Anjali and many more...konjam nilavu from thiruda thiruda

Naveen said...

Very good singing Sowmya.Enjoyed the song. Voice modulation is good.
As a feedback I would suggest you could reduce a bit western style. Anyway you have mentioned you did extra western touch.Keep rocking.

balar said...

Wow..just beautiful Sowmya..Keep it coming..

Sowmya said...

hey curious :) thank u so much for ur encouragement.

hi priya thanks :)


hey harshan thanks :) u heard this song before ?

hi ratnapuri , thanks for yr continous support :)

Sowmya said...

hi shrikanth,

thanks for the comments:)I will try my best to perform those songs.

-------------
hi naveen,

Purposely I did those modulations. I just tried the song with some extra fittings.i know, it doesnt sound like the original .I think, you dint like that.Thanks for mentioning the same and I will try to go with original hereafter :)

Sowmya said...

hey balar,

Thank you so much :)

Mugilan said...

First time here :)

Very good attempt! After the initial few lines, imagined it to be listening to someone singing at an auditorium and it was very good!!

KB said...

'1 or 2' songs really take u a long way... I believe this is one...

Sowmya said...

Mugilan,

Welcome ! Thanks :)


------

hi kb,

Thank you so much :)

Kumar said...

Wow...just great!

Sowmya said...

hi kumar Thank u:)

Srividya Kasturi said...

First time here...Very good attempt, Sowmya:)

Would you mind sharing the karaoke track with me?

Best wishes,
Vidya

Unknown said...

this song is too good :o